March 2, 2015
The MIT AI2 Companion is used to develop Android applications using MIT App Inventor. It can be added as a Resource in the LearnPad ClassConnect Portal by following the steps below.
1. Visit the MIT App Inventor website and download the APK file for the MIT AI2 Companion App to a location on your computer where you will be able to easily find it, such as the Desktop.
3. On the Manage page, from the left-hand page navigation, in the Content section, Choose Resources.
4. From the Actions box in the right-hand page navigation, choose Add New Resource.
5. Complete the required fields and then click the Add Resource button.
- Name: MIT AI2 Companion
- Type: Application
6. From the Actions box in the right-hand page navigation, choose Upload Package. Select the APK file that you downloaded at step 1.
Click the Upload button.
7. Amend the following fields as follows:
- Package Name: edu.mit.appinventor.aicompanion3
- Package Class: edu.mit.appinventor.aicompanion3.Screen1
- Default Package: From the drop-down, select the package that you uploaded at step 6.
8. Add the MIT AI2 Companion resource to a category within the lesson that you would like to add it to.
Adding apps not available in ClassConnect
If you would like to use an app on your LearnPads that is not available when you search the Resources area of ClassConnect, you can add it yourself by following these steps. Making the necessary tools available in your school The easiest way to do ...
Adding folder resources
April 14, 2014 Adding Folders Folder Resources open up folder locations that are either on the device itself or on a file server. Add a new Resource making sure the Type is set to Folder. This will take you to the properties page for this new ...
Handing Out Work to Devices
LearnPad’s Hand Out feature makes it easy for teachers to send resources such as worksheets, tests and supplementary learning materials to their pupils’ devices. To hand out resources: 1. Log into the ClassConnect portal. 2. Choose the Dashboard. 3. ...
April 14, 2014 Resources are the building-blocks of your LearnPad lessons. A resource can be a whole document editing application or just a single photograph. The Content area contains a range of pre-prepared content which you can select, or you can ...
Adding e-books, PDFs and other documents
April 14, 2014 Adding Files LearnPad can distribute one or more files as a “Resource”. This includes photos, Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, e-books, PDFs, or even archived web pages. Add a new resource making sure the Type is set to File. ...