February 18, 2015
LearnPad makes it easy for pupils to send their documents, photographs and other created work to neighbour LearnPad devices within the school. Files can be sent by locating them using the LearnPad file browser, or by using the share function in compatible apps.
Before resources can be exchanged between devices, this must first be enabled in the ClassConnect Portal. To do this:
- Log into the ClassConnect Portal.
- Click your organisation name in the top-right of the page.
Under Device Settings, change Allow Neighbour Sharing to Yes.
When sending files to neighbouring devices, all devices available within the school are displayed by default. If devices have been assigned to a place however, they will only be able to send to devices within that place. This makes it easy for teachers to ensure that pupils can only send to devices within the same class, for example.
Sending work to a neighbouring device using the LearnPad file browser:
1. Locate the document that you wish to send to a neighbour device.
2. Touch and hold on the document name until the file management toolbar appears. Choose ClassCloud.
3. Select the name of the neighbouring device from the To field. Amend the file name if required and touch the Send button. The file will be transferred.
4. Touch on the neighbouring device that you wish to send to. The file will be transferred.
Sending work to a neighbouring device using the share function in compatible apps:
From the list of options, touch ClassCloud.
Select the name of the neighbouring device from the To field. Amend the file name if required and touch the Send button. The file will be transferred.
Locating received files:
Files that have been received from neighbouring devices using the Share to Neighbour feature are stored in the Download folder on the device. To open a received file:
Open the Toolbox.
Touch the folder named with the date on which the file was received.
Touch the folder named with the name of the device from which the file was sent.
The file(s) received are displayed.