The Resources on LearnPad are grouped into Lessons, which can be swapped per-device to suit the lesson plan. The current Lesson can be changed from LearnPad itself using a QrKey or via the ClassConnect portal.
Changing Lessons from LearnPad
1. Find the Lesson you want to use from your own Lessons or from the list of featured Lessons. An example Lesson page is shown below:
2. Activate the QrKey scanner on your LearnPad and point it at the Lesson QrKey.
The Lesson Profile home screen will change.
Changing Lessons from the Website
This is the best way to change the Lesson Profile on multiple LearnPads simultaneously.
1. Find the device or devices you want to modify. If you can’t see your device on the dashboard, try enrolling it and checking again.
2. Click on each tablet so that you have highlighted all of those that you wish to update – See the Dashboard View support article for more information.
3. Select the Lesson you wish to load from the drop down at the bottom right hand side of the screen.
4. Click the arrow next to the box to send the Lesson – the Lesson update will start as soon as the LearnPads next check in with the server.
IMPORTANT: When you send a new Lesson to LearnPad this needs to be downloaded onto each device. Therefore sending a 10MB lesson to 30 LearnPads will mean a total of 300MB of data needs to be downloaded. Depending on the speed of your network this may take some time. Once a Lesson has been loaded onto a LearnPad once, it is cached for future use. This means switching to the Lesson at a later date will happen immediately. Preparing and loading your Lessons onto your LearnPads in advance will ensure your students can start using them as soon as they switch them on.
Foreign Lesson Policy
The foreign Lesson policy settings are applied at the organisation level. There are 3 options:
Allow All Lessons: Any Lesson can be loaded onto LearnPads enrolled in the organisation by scanning a QrKey.
Organisation Lessons Only: Only Lessons that have been added by or selected by the organisation can be loaded onto the LearnPad.
Inherit: The organisation will use the same foreign Lesson policy as it’s parent.
Using the QrKey Scanner
QrKeys allow you to operate many of LearnPad’s features using your tablets’ built-in cameras. Such features include setting up your LearnPads, changing Lessons and creating quizzes. You might have used QrKeys as QR Codes on your own tablet or mobile ...
April 3, 2014 The LearnPad Dashboard provides an at-a-glance view of the devices in your organisation. It allows you to check your devices before a lesson starts and also to control them during the lesson. The Dashboard comprises a device list, a ...
Creating QrKeys to connect your LearnPads to the network
Connecting your LearnPads to your school’s network is quick and easy. Rather than manually entering the details of your school’s network on each LearnPad, you simply create QrKeys which you scan on each of your LearnPads. Before proceeding, please ...
April 16, 2014 QrKeys allow you to operate certain LearnPad features using the built-in camera. Teachers and students can change lessons, join Wi-Fi networks, or create quizzes as easily as taking a picture. They can also be used to unlock LearnPad ...
February 19, 2015 LearnPad’s ClassConnect app is a powerful tool that allows teachers to monitor and control LearnPads within the classroom as well as capture evidence of student work in real-time. ClassConnect is intuitive and easy to use and uses ...