April 16, 2014
The current version of the LearnPad software installed on your devices can be seen in the Version Info section of the Information Page. The version number is composed of four parts, but the final part uniquely identifies each version with higher numbers representing later versions. For example, LearnPad 188.8.131.52 is the 159th release of the LearnPad software.
LearnPad can be upgraded (higher version) or downgraded (lower version) using the process described below.
The Dashboard page lists all the LearnPads that are enrolled in your organization.
1. Find the device or devices you want to upgrade. If you can’t see you device in the list, try enrolling it and checking again.
2. If any of your devices are not on the latest release version, an alert will be shown on the right hand sidebar. Tap this to select those devices.
3. Press the Change LearnPad Version link in the Action bar on the right (under Advanced). This will open the version selection dialog.
4. Open the Select Version combo box. You should select the highest version labeled Release, which indicates it has been fully tested.
5. The Pending Version column (Dashboard Table View only) for the selected devices will now show the version to install. This will only clear once the device has checked in with that version installed, which may take a few hours unless you manually initiate a check-in through the Information Page.
Problem: For versions below 340, LearnPads can fail to upgrade to the pending version if no other applications are running. The tablet reboots after failing to install.
Solution: Make sure another application, such as the Gallery, is running in the background before the installation starts.
Sending Work to Other Devices
February 18, 2015 LearnPad makes it easy for pupils to send their documents, photographs and other created work to neighbour LearnPad devices within the school. Files can be sent by locating them using the LearnPad file browser, or by using the share ...
Overriding the LearnPad Browser
February 18, 2015 Most web pages display consistently between web browsers, although from time to time, differences in the way that pages are rendered and displayed can occur. LearnPad devices are supplied with the LearnPad Browser and as standard, ...
Changing LearnPad Passwords
Setting LearnPad Passwords By default, LearnPad can be unlocked using either one of two passwords which can be found on the Unlocking LearnPad page. Using the Passwords page, it is possible for Organisation Administrators to specify new passwords to ...
Getting to know your LearnPad
September 18, 2015 The LearnPad interface differs slightly from other devices. This is a key to the on-screen LearnPad buttons.
February 25, 2016 The following new features and enhancements are present in LearnPad 184.108.40.2063. WebKit browser for Flash content – 5th generation LearnPad devices include a browser that provides support for content developed with Adobe Flash. In ...