March 2, 2015
The MIT AI2 Companion is used to develop Android applications using MIT App Inventor. It can be added as a Resource in the LearnPad ClassConnect Portal by following the steps below.
1. Visit the MIT App Inventor website and download the APK file for the MIT AI2 Companion App to a location on your computer where you will be able to easily find it, such as the Desktop.
3. On the Manage page, from the left-hand page navigation, in the Content section, Choose Resources.
4. From the Actions box in the right-hand page navigation, choose Add New Resource.
5. Complete the required fields and then click the Add Resource button.
- Name: MIT AI2 Companion
- Type: Application
6. From the Actions box in the right-hand page navigation, choose Upload Package. Select the APK file that you downloaded at step 1.
Click the Upload button.
7. Amend the following fields as follows:
- Package Name: edu.mit.appinventor.aicompanion3
- Package Class: edu.mit.appinventor.aicompanion3.Screen1
- Default Package: From the drop-down, select the package that you uploaded at step 6.
8. Add the MIT AI2 Companion resource to a category within the lesson that you would like to add it to.